05 December 2010

Come, Lord Jesus


Brothers and Sisters,

This Second Sunday of Advent marks my triumphant return to the blogosphere after more than a year's absence. Much has happened since I last posted. I had a brief sojourn in the seminary, our bishop has ordained four new priests, all good men and true, for the Diocese of Lansing, my best friends have gotten married (many blessings upon Brian and Katie), the mighty Spartans have won the Big Ten title, and I find myself preparing, at long last, to graduate. Spring has turned to summer, and summer to autumn, and autumn to winter... repeat.

And now Advent 2010 is well underway, as we prepare to welcome the Divine Child into our hearts this Christmas. I promise (no, really) to post much more often in the months ahead, but not before term papers and final exams are well out of the way. Until then, please enjoy this stirring rendition of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence":



Granted, the images are somewhat trippy, and despite the lyrics the video looses the sense of the hymn's Eucharistic origins, but it is still moving.

For something with a bit more Greek flavor, here's the hymn in its original form:



Come, Lord Jesus, come quickly!

No comments: